How to make rappeling combine
Tutorial created by Fear Factory. The original thread is here:http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1145
Hello, sure some of you have seen me around the forum and I thought I could help people like larz make quality maps that dont look like complete birdshit. So... im going to explain how to make rappelling combine soldiers like in oc_bunker and my map oc_cave.
1. Lets start by making a basic room with a hole in the roof or something for the combine to come from.
2. Make an npc_combine_s anywhere in the map. Make sure the flag "Template NPC" is checked and you have "Waiting To Rappel?" set to yes. Name it "rappeler1".
3. Place an npc_template_maker where you want your soldier to spawn at. Name it rappeler1maker and have "Name of Template NPC" rappeler1.
4. Now its time to make them rappel. Make a box with the trigger texture in tools where you want them to cross in order to make the combine rappel. Do ctrl+t and select trigger_once with a name of Trigger1.
5. Now go to the outputs tab and add in all this.
6. We have them spawn now when they pass that trigger but they wont rappel?! Add this to the npc_template_maker's outputs.
Compile and your done :] Hope this helped some of the newer mappers.